The latest French patisserie cookbook from award-winning French pastry chef Cédric Grolet
Opéra Pâtisserie marks the entrance of the most talented pastry chef of his generation, Cédric Grolet, into the world of boulangerie-pâtisserie. This book coincides with the opening of his new shop in the Opéra district in the heart of Paris.
Far from the haute couture pastries designed at palace hotels, with Opera Pâtisserie, Grolet returns to the essentials with a collection of hearty and accessible recipes. Follow your senses through the pages to discover the very best French recipes for viennoiseries, breads, biscuits, pastries, and frozen fruit sorbets. From croissant to mille-feuille, from tarte tatin to .clairs, the book features 100 fully illustrated desserts we all love.
Recipes are organized into chapters that follow the rhythm of the day. At 7 a.m., it’s time for viennoiseries and breads; at 11 a.m., it’s pastries; at 3 p.m., desserts and frozen fruits; and at 5 p.m., it’s time for the final batch of bread.
Opéra Pâtisserie is the indispensable book for every pastry lover
Awards cedric :
- 2005. First prize at the Festival National des Croquembouches.
- From 2006-2011. Pâtissier at FAUCHON Paris.
- 2012. Chef Pâtissier at the restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse (Paris)
- 2016. The Relais Desserts association grants him the title of “Meilleur Chef Pâtissier”.
- 2017. Launch of his cookbook Fruits.